Little Brickhill is the middle of the three Brickhill villages which stand on the edge of a ridge of Lower Greensand. The villages lie along the spring line where water which has filtered through the porous sand is forced to flow out sideways by the underlying Oxford clay.
Flints from the middle and late Stone Age show that people were living here then, but the earliest substantial sign of habitation in the area dates from the Iron Age. This is the large earthwork called Danesborough, situated in the Brickhill Woods. As so often happens, its name is misleading. It dates from 500 BC and was built to fortify the homes of a British tribe which lived here before the Roman occupation - nearly 1000 years before any Danes came near.